Lakes Campimg Meet 30th June -2nd July

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Lakes Campimg Meet 30th June -2nd July

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul Justin
    Participant

The meet will be based at the Eskdale campsite in Boot

Eskdale Campsite
    Boot,
    Holmrook,
    Cumbria,
    CA19 1TH
    Phone Number: 019467 23253
    http://www.eskdalecampsite.com
    Latitude: 54.3987 Longitude: -3.2661
    NY 178 010

Fabric and tin tents welcome.

Book on line via the campsite website and mention Mynydd Climbing Club, they will aim to put us together.

The site has all the usual facilities and is a 5 minute walk form the village of Boot. 10% discount for campsite users who eat at the Boot Inn (voucher from campsite needed).

The main climbing attraction is Esk Buttress, laced with three star routes at all grades from HS upwards. Whilst in a fantastic mountain setting, the crag itself is at less that 500m altitude, south east facing and fairly quick drying. The 1.5 hours approach is pleasant and largely gently uphill other than the last stretch up to the crag.

Lots of other lower level crag options also, as well as reasonable access round to Wasdale or over to Dunnerdale.

Loads of walking options with the south side of the Scafell/Crinkle Crags/Bowfell fells on the doorstep and plenty of less strenuous alternatives.

Not that anyone would be interested, of course, but the road bike loop over to Dunnerdale-Coniston-Little Langdale and back over Wryknott and Hardnose passes is a real classic.

Kirstin Prager
    Participant

Forecast for this weekend in Boot is fine with actual sunny intervals on Saturday. A magnificent meet should be on the cards.

Jules has kindly agreed to be meet leader if you want to let him know you’re coming.

Dave Liz Wilson
    Participant

Liz and I hope to go
    Dave

Maria Goggin
    Participant

Weather looks better there than here -we’re going!

Jules Lane
    Participant

As of this morning Eskdale campsite is officially full for vans and for tents and cars together.

However – I spoke to Garry there who was very helpful;

The meadow / Backpackers area has space (no cars but its only a 20 meter walk from car park) – thats where me and Tom are. Tim D is also booked with electric.
    Vans can probably be squeezed in but with no leccy. Dick and Dave phoning to confirm now.
    I get the impression that if you turn up in a van they will do their best to squeeze you in and campers can go in the meadow area.

So if you want to go I suggest you call Garry on 01946 723253 asap – and mention me.

J

Colin Nave
    Participant

Kym and I are travelling up Saturday afternoon and stay that night.
    Plan to stay couple of more days as well, returning Tuesday, perhaps via Wilton 1.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.