Yorkshire winter meet: 9 – 11 December

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Yorkshire winter meet: 9 – 11 December

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Abi Scholefield
    Participant

Now that the summer is officially over, I have been thinking about dark, snowy evenings, 104 sleeps until Santa… and the Yorkshire winter meet. Here’s what you need to know:
    Dates: 9 to 11 December 2016 (with an option for people to stay until 10.30 on 12 December at no additional cost, as long as they leave the place tidy at the end)
    Where: Hilltop Bunk Barn, Malham – http://www.malhamdale.com/bunkbarn.htm. It sleeps 32 people.
    Cost: Approximately £15 per person per night for Friday 9th and Saturday 10th December, depending slightly on numbers
    Catering: Self-catering, with an option for a take-away curry on Saturday night at an additional cost. Anyone willing to donate a pudding will get extra brownie points!
    Activities: I expect there will be the usual walking, cycling, mountain biking teams. I will ask Ian about underground activities if anyone is interested.
    Parking: There is only enough space for 8 or 9 cars to park at the bunk barn. There is weekend parking available in the village car park which is nearby. I suggest those who manage to park at the barn pay for parking for those who don’t!

If you are interested in coming along please drop me a line (abi.scholefield@icloud is best). Please let me know whether you’ll be joining the communal takeaway on Saturday evening, and whether or not you’ll be bringing a pud.

You’ll need to pay a deposit of £10 per person to secure your place – the easiest way is to pay the Club by BACS and email me and Richard Waltham (treasurer@mynydd.org.uk) to confirm how much you’ve paid.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.