07/10: Fell Race & Meets Forum

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets 07/10: Fell Race & Meets Forum

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    David Kirsfelds
    Participant

Fell Race

As always, the exact details for the race will be kept a closely guarded secret until the last minute – can’t be having any secret training now can we! The rules will of course penalise those with too high a level of physical fitness and ensure that any old punter can be crowned the next fell race champion. Meet at Sir William Hill Road Parking (S32 1AX) at 10.30am for an 11.00am start.

Meets Forum

An informal discussion of next years meets calendar will take place in The Moon Inn (Stoney Middleton, S32 4TL) following the fell race – we take your post exercise re-hydration and nutrition needs very seriously! The pub has kindly said that they will reserve some tables for us so please post below stating if a) you are coming the the meets forum, and b) if you will be getting food. Discussion will commence post-lunch (approx. 2.00pm) and focus on generating the Tuesday Evening meets list and ideas for weekend and extended meets. Ideas from this discussion will be taken forward into the online voting system which will go live later on in the month.

Jenny Ison
    Participant

Yes Patrick and me for food! Chip butty bribery is the only way I can get him to come! Will stay for a bit afterwards, Jenny

Kirsten Williams
    Participant

Any chance of a grid ref for us dinosaurs who don’t use sat nav? Post code doesn’t seem awfully near Sir Wiliams Hill Road!

David Kirsfelds
    Participant

SK224780

Kirsten Williams
    Participant

thank you! Please put Dick and me down for food.

Mark Procter
    Participant

Hi David.
    I will be at the fell run and meets forum wanting food please.
    Do you mean the Sir William Hill parking at the top of the steep hill where the road bends sharply left with the bridleway past the mast straight ahead? Or somewhere at the bottom of the hill in Grindleford?
    Cheers,
    Mark

David Kirsfelds
    Participant

Hey Mark,

Good stuff, I’ll put you on the list. You’ve got it right, just before it turns into a bridle way. There’s a grid reference above too.

Thanks,

David

David Kirsfelds
    Participant

Hello again,

So far we have 10 for food (including those who have said they are coming on Facebook) and a couple more just staying for a few drinks and to discuss meets.

I’m giving The Moon Inn a final update on Friday so please let me know before then if you’re planning on coming so I can make sure they reserve a big enough area for us.

Thanks,

David

Derek Peterson
    Participant

Val and I will be attending but not running!- a gentle walk.
    We will be at The Moon and will want some lunch. Derek

Colin Nave
    Participant

I will come to the Moon for food and discussion.Kym will be away cycling.
    Never participated in a fell race before. Will come to the race and might even join in provided I get an advantage due to arriving from home on foot, rather than driving.
    Colin

Dave Liz Wilson
    Participant

We will be walking and eating and interfering! Liz and Dave

Julie Brook
    Participant

I will also be walking and eating. Julie

David Kirsfelds
    Participant

I’ve updated the Moon on numbers for food. Normally they want pre-orders for large groups (we have 17 eating now). If as individuals you want to put in a pre-order, saying you’re with the Mynydd, that might help the kitchen out.
    Thanks!

Colin Nave
    Participant

Now intend to go to Curbar, then the Moon for lunch.
    Is there an estimated time to get to the Moon?
    Colin

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.