ARRAN – Scotland in minature

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets ARRAN – Scotland in minature

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dan Lane
    Participant

Once you’re all back from larking around in Austria, it’ll not be too long until the Arran meet…

We’re going to Arran over the bank holiday weekend. Book directly with the Lochranza Campsite (http://www.arran-campsite.com/index.php/contact), mention that you’re with the Mynydd and they’ll put us together, but they didn’t entertain the idea of a club discount. Book your own boat (https://www.calmac.co.uk/ardrossan-brodick-arran-ferry-summer-timetable), obviously, though it may be wise to have a think about leaving some vehicles on the mainland and coming across as a foot passenger to save a few quid (then ask nicely for a lift up the island in somebody’s tin tent…)

Other than that, there’s loads to do on the island. Climbing, scrambling, walking, watery/sea things, waterfalls, cafes, distilleries, cheese factories…and there’s a bar on site, and a golf course too (but we’d have to be really desperate for that, right?). I’ve even got a good narnia-meets-Lord-Of-The-Rings-esque woodland adventure up my sleeve should the weather be total rubbish….

Remember, it’s a bank holiday in England, but not in Scotland and the Scottish schools will already be back too, so hopefully not too busy!

I’m booked onto the 14:50 sailing on Friday 23rd Aug, and plan to stay on the island until Monday evening or Tuesday morning (at which point I plan to get the boat from Lochranza to Kintyre and head into the Highlands for a few days…)

See you all there!

Jules Lane
    Participant

Note that if you try to book on the website it looks like very few sailings on Friday 23rd are available. I just phoned and booked on the 15.20 (for £48 return) and apparently they are almost all available ! 0800 066 5000.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Jules Lane.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.