Autumn Working Meet, 4th and 5th October

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums General Autumn Working Meet, 4th and 5th October

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rich Johnson
    Participant

Autumn Working Meet – Sat 4th and Sun 5th October

The hut has had a great year to date with exceptional occupancy rates by both club members and outside groups. It’s great to see the hut well used and of course high occupancy rates brings in more hut fees for the club!

Blaen-y-Nant did have a difficult winter, we’ve patched her up as much as possible but be further works are required. Our local contractor Aled Jones should have completed much needed building works to the chimneys, roof and guttering but there is still a huge amount that needs to be done to keep the hut running and looking good.

It’s important that we maintain the standard of the hut so that future visitors are not deterred and it remains a great place to visit for all. So please make an effort to attend the working meet it really is appreciated and your efforts help to maintain a valuable club asset.

Hopefully we will get most of the work completed on the Saturday so if you have plans for the Sunday there is no problem with abstaining on the Sunday. All I ask is an honest days work on the Saturday!

There are plenty of jobs for all, chopping wood, cleaning, painting, joinery, road repairs etc.. so all welcome. Just bring old clothes and your enthusiasm.

As always the hut is free and you will be fed on Saturday night. On that theme please let me know if your coming and if you have any dietary requirements – otherwise you may not get fed!

Hope to see many of you there!

Rich Johnson
    The Warden

Andy Hardy

Team Hardy will be arriving on Saturday morning. 3 dinners* required please 🙂

* proper ones, none of that ‘nut roast & caramelised tofu’ nonsense 😉

Sue Street
    Participant

Hi Rich

I will be there.

Sue

Rob Pettener
    Participant

Rob P to! if someone’s cooking i’ll eat it 🙂

Dave Liz Wilson
    Participant

LiznDave will be there ad Liz has offered to cook (proper food especially for Andy)
    Dave

Kirsten Williams
    Participant

Count me in, Dick as a possible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.