COVID update and Journal

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums General COVID update and Journal

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kirstin Prager
    Participant

Just to let you all know that we know the COVID regs are changing and we’re looking at it.
    It looks at the moment that climbing will be easier and staying overnight away from home will be OK but only within your household group for now. We’re looking at how this all affects meets and the hut.

The really great news though is that from 6 July you should be able to go to Wales for the day (check what hills are legal to walk on before you go though and you’ll want to avoid the honey pots in the first few weeks, I’d think). From 13 July it will be ok to stay at a B&B but again only with members of the same household – Hostels etc don’t look doable just yet but we’re looking into it and also how we can maybe use the hut.

But please note the hut is still not open yet – we will tell you as soon as it is. I think we may all owe Mich Mash a large drink at that point.

In the meantime to keep you going the journal should be hitting your mats this week. It’s a bumper edition to make up for the lack of actual climbing which has meant I’ve had to enlist some Mynydd Elves to help with some of the delivery to keep the postal cost down! Thanks to Sue Street, Liz & Dave Wilson, Colin & Pam, Simon Coldrick, Paul Justin, James Hoyes, Jonathan Prager, Chris Bowen, Liane Lane & Jules Lane and Ali Hargreaves.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.