Duddon meet this weekend

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Duddon meet this weekend

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dave Liz Wilson
    Participant

Duddon Valley meet – this weekend. For the lucky ones who are going, a few notes.
    We are going to High Moss a large hut owned by the Rucksack Club.
    How to get there : The GR is SD237 967. I strongly recommend you find this on a map before you flounder about in the dark. Travelling north from Ulpha, reach Seathwaite, and take the first right beyond the pub towards Turner Hall Farm. Up the track, and continue straight on past the first junction -i.e. keep left, not to the farm. Continue, crossing the beck to a T junction in the track, and turn left. The hut is about 350 m along the track.
    I will be there from about 6 o’clock on Friday to let you in. If you get there before that, you’ll just have to go to the pub!
    I now see that if the hut is full, we are allowed to camp in the grounds of the hut., so there may be no need to go to the campsite. Call in at the hut first to see if there’s room.
    Generally at club hut, you need a sleeping bag and pillow, so I’m assuming that will be the case.
    The pub does good bar meals, but I have not organised a mass meal as there would be too many of us. But, if you do want to eat there I suggest you contact them to reserve a table. Otherwise, self cater at the hut.

See you there
    Dave and Liz

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.