Easter Sun Rock at Calpe

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Easter Sun Rock at Calpe

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave Liz Wilson
    Participant

Greetings and Happy NewYear.

As you will have seen, the Easter meet this year will be in the Costa Blanca, and I have chosen Calpe as a suitable base.

The Region offers a superb variaety of opportunities: happy clipping, some trad routes, scrambly ridges, a Via Ferrata, several gorges, and excellent walking. What’s not to like?

The only problem is that apartments are already in limited supply, so we will have to act really fast to get organised into sharing groups, and get booking apartments and flights.

Dates: I propose Thursday 2nd April to Thursday 9th April, But if you find no apartment availability , try Friday – Friday, and you may well find better availability

Appartments: I propose the Apartamentos Esmeralda. They are located near the beach, a little north of the Penon D’Ifrach . Not the Esmeralda Suites which are quite different. You can book on line on Booking .com. or other sites There are 2 bedroom apartments for 5 adults, and some for 4 adults + 2 children at the same price, also apartments for 3 adults a bit cheaper.
    The price is approx. £16 pppn.

Flights: Fly to Alicante. There are various options, Ryanair, Easy Jet, Monarch. Price about £200 for round trip.

Car Hire: plenty of choice from Alicante airport

Finally, I am unfortunately unable to reserve apartments so the easiest thing is to make your own bookings. If you look on Booking.com, you will find a location Map, which if necessary will show other apartment blocks in the same area, but I hope we will all manage to get in at the Esmeralda.

Can you let me know if you are interested by email dave.liz.wilson@homecall.co.uk or reponding to this post. I can co-ordinate and help you to fit into a group.

Get booking!

Dave

Jenny Ison
    Participant

We have booked an apartment at Esmeralda for the 4 of us from Friday 3-10 April as I don’t finish term until the 2nd. You don’t have to pay until you stay with booking.com. Hope everyone can join us! Looks good. Not booked flights yet but East Midlands looks cheapest so far.
    Jenny

Dave Liz Wilson
    Participant

Liz and I have just booked an apartment. If you are just thinking of going you can speculatively book an apartment, as it seems booking.com give the option of cancellation untilend of March
    Dave

Dave Oliver
    Participant

Hi, I’d like to come with you all – so if anyone is looking for someone to share with please let me know!
    thanks,
    Dave Oliver

Jenny Ison
    Participant

Has anyone booked flights yet to spain and if so where from and cost?
    Jenny

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,

Jaimella and I booked a ‘package holiday’ through Jet2 for the Esmeralda apartments for less that the flights and accommodation individually (£300 cheaper)

I would highly recommend taking a look on their site. We are flying out on 2nd April and back on the 11th… Which was the cheapest option

Ta,
    D

Jenny Ison
    Participant

Hi
    I can’t see the Esmeralda appartments on the jet2 site, only the suites. Am I looking in the right place? What is everyone else doing?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Arrggghhhh, yes, we’ve booked into the wrong one! BUT just checked and they are actually next door to each other. So I don’t think it matters, unless someone can tell me otherwise?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.