Eskdale High Camping Meet

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Eskdale High Camping Meet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike Tempest
    Participant

Not long to go till camping, climbing and walking etc in upper Eskdale – details of location in meets section. Weather permitting some of us will be walking in on the Friday evening (29th) but Turner Hall Farm, Seathwaite might be an option for those who arrive late but are well placed to walk in on the Saturday http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=3767

All welcome and it’d be great if you can make it. Let me know if you intend to come. Will bring new FRCC guide to Scafell and older guides to Esk Buttress. See you there!

mynyddte
    Keymaster

I’m planning on joining you

Colin Nave
    Participant

I intend to overnight in Upper Eskdale on both Friday and Saturday nights. Can leave early afternoon on Friday.
    1. Be good to share vehicles. I can drive or hitch a lift
    2. Have stove, tent, climbing gear etc. but it would be good to share the load so we don’t carry up more than we need.
    If anyone can help with the above, send me an email or do it via facebook/forum.

Colin

Mike Tempest
    Participant

Hi All

Even though I’m not on FB as far as I know (Dave K has let me know and a few have emailed me) myself, Steve W, Tom B, Rowan, Jack, Maria, Richard? are walking in on Friday (possibly Alex & Beckie?). Tim D emailed and is camping at site opposite Wasdale Head Hotel with Catherine E and Chris M – hopefully see them on Scafell on Sat or Sun. Colin is camping in valley (Seathwaite?) before walking in Saturday. Cant wait!

Colin Nave
    Participant

Hi
    Now walking in Friday, hopefully leaving from around 18.00.

Will have a tent flysheet, cooking gear, rack and rope. If anyone else is on their own,let me know so can share the load.
    Are folk leaving from Cockley Beck or Brotherikeld?

Colin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.