Evening Meets

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Prager
    Participant

Van someone update the website to remove the evening meets from the menu? Apparently they have now been cancelled as everyone will be in the Alps.

Andy Hardy

I’ve added the meets up to the end of August. I now require some inspiration for September – bearing in mind the nights are closing in.
    If nothing better turns up I’ll put the Roaches for the 6th, but I’m running out of ideas!

Colin Foord
    Participant

Gardoms tonight. A good crag; but finding friends there can be a bit tricky unless there is a initial ‘focal point’. I’m not an expert on the crag. Anybody care to suggest a spot? Or, if all things fail – a post crag venue? (Which should not be the Robin Hood due to curious serving hours.)

Colin

Jonathan Prager
    Participant

The road is being resurfaced at the junction by the Robin Hood so will be closed from 19:00. Walking in from the north will avoid the road closure and might tempt some away from Apple Buttress.

Colin Nave
    Participant

Approach from north seems to be the right thing to do. Gather at Elliot’s buttress?
    The pub venue is apparently the posh one in Baslow. This is difficult as they are all posh there but it might mean the Devonshire arms.

Andy Hardy

The one I meant is on the left as you head north (towards Hathersage) take your point though Colin – they all do seem a bit posh for climbers!
    If I make it out tonight I won’t be pubbing anyhow – got to be in Crewe for 7.30 am tomorrow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.