Logging & Bonfire Meet 2014

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Logging & Bonfire Meet 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Rich Johnson
    Participant

Calling all Loggers!

Last year we invested a significant sum of money, blood sweat and tears in obtaining new wood. The good news is that we haven’t touched any of it so we still have at least three years wood in stock!

Don’t worry that still leaves plenty of work to saw, chop and sort a years wood. I can and will find other jobs as required!

If your able to bring a chainsaw (and safely use it) this would be appreciated as there are only a few people within the club with the equipment and competence to undertake this work.

As always we will reward your hard work with fine food and a fantastic fireworks display, (as always there will be a small charge for this to cover costs).

Please could you let me know if your coming so we can arrange food and the fireworks display, (also let me know your dietary requirements i.e. salad dodger).

Following the fireworks we will of course light the Bonfire. For the late night veterans I’m sure that there may well be some competing for the most nonchalant fire walk!

Finally – Using a chainsaw is probably one of the most dangerous activities we as a club do at the hut so this year we will be looking to formally segregate the chainsaw areas and chopping areas too. Please assist the committee in looking after your own safety and by observing any rules / exclusion zones that are in place.

Thanks,

Rich J
    Hut Warden

Rich Johnson
    Participant

PS. Mark & Sonja, I have you down. Please let me know of any dietary requirements otherwise it will be assumed anything goes!

Sue Street
    Participant

I’ll be there

Sue Street

Jules Lane
    Participant

Me too

David Kirsfelds
    Participant

I’ll be driving down from Bolton, if anyone wants a lift on the way give us a shout.

Jenny Ison
    Participant

We are coming, see you there
    Jen, Jon, Megan and Patrick

Dave Liz Wilson
    Participant

Liz, Dave, fireworks and chain saw all coming.

Andy Hardy

Ruth and me are coming (early Sat)

Paul Scott
    Participant

Me and Debbie will be there

Sue Street
    Participant

Richard

Chris M and I were talking about food for the Logging Meet. Do you want us to organise and produce?

Sue

Ian Nettleton

Abi Ian Josie and Laura will be there with chainsaw!

Dave Oliver
    Participant

I’m joining you this time, do people call for a beer in Trefriw on the way? Or do I just come early & hope there’s someone already at BYN
    (I don’t have a key…)?

Jocelyn and I will be there.

Maria Goggin
    Participant

Richard and I will be down on Saturday morning. I’m veggie, Richard will eat anything – and everything!

Jules Lane
    Participant

I may come over Friday pm or maybe Sat morning – not sure yet.
    Jules

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.