Northumberland 28 April – 1 May

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Northumberland 28 April – 1 May

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mynyddte
    Keymaster

I know that those of you who were lucky enough to join us on Mallorca are only just recovering from the razor-sharp rock and scorching temperatures, but already it’s time for something completely different!

Over the early May bank holiday weekend (less than three weeks away) we’re off camping in Northumberland.

The plan is to stay at Highburn House Country Holiday Park (http://www.highburn-house.co.uk/), which is close to the honeypot crags of Kyloe and Bowden Doors. Perhaps even more importantly, it’s also within walking distance of the village of Wooler and its fine watering holes.

I for one plan to take the opportunity to visit one or two of Northumberland’s other interesting-looking crags on the way up or back (assuming that the weather’s glorious). Crag Lough, with its basalt columns, looks different to anywhere I’ve ever visited, and liberally strewn with great lines.

The website says NO GROUPS, but I’ve contacted the campsite and they tell me that this doesn’t apply to climbing clubs. However, I do need to book, so please let me know whether you plan to attend.

Steph Meakin
    Participant

Hi Tom, Phil and I will be coming over from Wales. One tin tent plus dog. arrive Friday and leave Monday or Tues if I can get day off.
    I’ll climb if it’s easy, otherwise I’ll be walking

Steph M

Dave Crowther
    Participant

Hi Tom. Wendy & I are coming (in campervan). I’m hoping to do some climbing and Wendy will be walking.

Chris Blackett
    Participant

Tom, Helen and myself have booked directly with the campsite.
    We will be walking and road biking
    Chris

David Kirsfelds
    Participant

Put this on Facebook but forgot to post it here – me and Abi will be coming.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.