Patterdale Meet January

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Patterdale Meet January

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Penny Carroll
    Participant

Hi all, we are once again visiting the lovely George Starkey Hut in January-though a little later than usual this year. The weekend costs £25 and monies should be paid directly to the club. The dates are the 25th and 26th January and as has become traditional we’ll have a communal meal on the Saturday..details to follow! I have the names of a few early bookers..please contact me via the forum or Facebook or email if you want to come
    Penny

• This topic was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Penny Carroll.
    Colin Foord
    Participant

Pam and I have taken over the ‘names and numbers’ aspect of this meet.

The Starkey Hut is possibly the most sought after Lakeland hut in January for good reason: Accessibility; Eastern Fells having the best chance of snow/ice; Something for everyone from high ridges for walking to gullies and ridges for those who want a bit more excitement.
    The hut itself is a ‘good-un’; the further delights of Blencathra are not too far away and the marvellous White Lion pub is just up the road.

For various reasons, including ski-ing and rushing off to sunny climes, numbers are currently much reduced for a meet which is usually a sell-out. At present there is a risk that financial viability might not be achieved; so if you do wish to join in pleae let us know, (email to colinpam.foord@tiscali.co.uk preferred,) AND get £25, (full cost for two nights,) into the club account WITHOUT DELAY.

Colin and Pam Foord

Andy Hardy

Heather and I are in, we’ll send some money over today

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.