Southern Snowdonia Meet

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Southern Snowdonia Meet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Melanie Michon
    Participant

The Southern Snowdonia meet will be held on the 11th and 12th of July, in the Moelwyns area, i.e. near Blaenau Ffestiniog. This gives options to climb in the Moelwyns, potentially go to some of the less visited crags around there, or even venture further south towards Cadar Idris. Tremadog is not far away either. There is plenty of biking if the weather does not play along, or even a mine expedition if it is really wet. I will post details of the campsite on here nearer the time. Hope to see lots of people come along, there should be something for everyone!! Please let me know beforehand if you intend to come, so I get an idea of numbers?

Deborah Marsh
    Participant

H there
    I will be up in wales, so will hopefully join you
    wheres the camp site as I may not have access to email after Monday
    debbiex

Rowan Ellwood
    Participant

Hey I’d like to come, I’m a bit stuck with transport, would need a lift. I live south Manchester but could catch a train to somewhere easier.
    ?

Melanie Michon
    Participant

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in posting. I was struggling to find a suitable campsite in the area, with the usual requirements of pub nearby/dog friendly/Mynydd friendly, etc! It seems prices of camping have gone up a bit as well 🙁

I have found this one, which is where we will be going:

http://www.llechrwd.co.uk/

The rates are a bit complicated:
    – 2 people sharing + car = £13.50 pn
    – 1 person no car = £8 pn
    – 1 person + car = £10 pn
    I am afraid that seems to be the going rate around here.
    There are 2 pubs nearby: The Royal Oak and The Grapes. Dogs are welcome too, but must be kept on lead.

The campsite is near Blaenau Ffestiniog, so easy access to all the Moelwyn crags, as well as Tremadog. Also lots of walking and biking in the area!

Now the bad news – I was told by work last week I need to go to Paris for work next week and won’t be back until late on Friday evening, or perhaps Saturday morning. I am not sure I will make it to the meet, and if I do it will be on Saturday morning.

The campsite knows you are coming, just mention you are with the Mynydd. I would be really grateful if someone else wants to give the usual Mynydd faff some direction, and volunteer as Meet Leader? Please let me or Andy know?

I hope you all have fun!!

Dick Williams
    Participant

I’m coming – should be there Friday afternoon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.