Sue’s Winter Walk – Sunday 6 March

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Sue’s Winter Walk – Sunday 6 March

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sue Street
    Participant

I’m absolutely sick of Dark Peak mud so I thought we’d try White Peak slime. Conditions notwithstanding, this is a cracking walk which I found in lockdown and I’ve been desperate to share with you all.
    Start at 10 for 10.30 in Alstonefield car park (130556) – note there are three free car parks in Alstonefield and this is the one next to the village hall*)
    We’re walking up and over four local hills which may or maynot include Wetton, Ecton, Narrowdale and Wolfscote (I’ve lost my book – new one in the post arriving today – I’ll be sure of the exact route by Sunday honestly). Its about 10 miles but not too difficult and plenty of short cuts. Defo bring cash for the pub.
    I was hugely impressed by the last turnout despite terrible weather. I promise to do better this time and arrive back with more than 3 out of 18!
    *Village Hall was serving seriously good coffee and cake the last time I was there so you could get there early for a snackette
    See you there. Sue

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.