Summer Meet Update

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Summer Meet Update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mark Procter
    Participant

I have just spoken to the camp site (details in journal and on previous post) manager (Sandra) again and it all seems quite relaxed. The English speaking is a little difficult and their email has been out of action which doesn’t help.
    1. No need to book separately, just mention Mynydd CC when you arrive and they will show you where we are.
    2. There is electrical hook-up for those that want it, though that might mean you are not as close to the rest of us.
    3. I will not be arriving until 25th or 26th July so it falls on the first arrival to get them to allocate a suitable part of the site for us to use.
    See you there!
    Mark

Rowan Ellwood
    Participant

Think I might be one of the earlier ones then,if I’m first guess I could tot up numbers for the first week? Or overall? Or relocate when someone qualified for these things arrive..

It’d be great to get out climbing as much as possible really, and I’m up for via ferrata. I don’t have a climbing partner so would love to tag along where I might fit.

Mark Procter
    Participant

Hi Rowan,
    I have told the campsite we will be about 40 people in total but with people staying varying lengths of time (this is the bit Sandra at the campsite may not have clearly got). If you could email me (mejprocter@gmail.com) then I will email my confirmation email for you to print off and take with you. Sorry to put this small burden on a new member but we do this sort of thing every summer and it all works out. Next arrivals after you will likely be Ian and Jean Read so bag us all a nice space and look out for them.
    Thanks,
    Mark
    07789 905974

Jenny Ison
    Participant

Hi Mark
    Do you have a rough list of who is heading out to on the meet this summer? It would be great to know who might be available to talk plans with, e.g. for some exciting routes/ multiday hut to huts / deviant treks etc.

Perhaps a list of probable people on the thread?
    Jon

Mark Procter
    Participant

Hi Jon and other meet goers,
    All the people on the thread of the post below ‘Summer Meet – Change of Campsite’ plus the following who emailed me:
    1. Rach and James
    2. Colin and Pam
    3. Catheine, Rob and Rab,
    4. Rick and Amanda
    5. Me with my climbing partner, Sam
    Total is over 40 people, should be great, just need better better than last year!!!
    Mark

Derek Peterson
    Participant

Val and I will be leaving 19th arriving about 21st. Are people aware that there are no longer toll booths on the Dartford Crossing and payment must be arranged on the internet. I am assured this is straightforward!
    Derek

Anonymous
    Inactive

If people want to add their details in the sheet from the following link we can compile a list of comings and goings …

Dolomites attendance; click for link and add details

Cheers, Trish

Mark Ward
    Participant

Hi all,

does anyone have space in their car/van for a small bag of our stuff? Its not a big deal but as we’re flying (and coming via munich) we’re getting a bit tight for luggage!

Marky

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.