Summer Nights – the Tuesday sort

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Summer Nights – the Tuesday sort

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Andy Hardy

I need inspiration for the summer evening meets list. Where do you want to go on Tuesday nights?

Either reply here, or contact me via your preferred medium phone, text, email, facebook or face to face

Rachael Spraggs
    Participant

Can I request Wharncliffe as I have a fighting chance of getting there from Leeds….selfish I know 🙂
    http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=85

Dan Lane
    Participant

I suggest Shooters’ Nab…great evening crag and certainly one that doesn’t come up all that often!

Andy Hardy

Shooters Nab! not been there since I was a student! I will check on access…As for a great evening crag – it faces north (unless I’m having a senior moment)

Wharncliffe – good call – we could go mountain biking if the weather turns out poo! Any other crags which you can get to that would be a feasible Tuesday night? They dont have to be in the peak, just accessible from the west

Keep ’em coming guys

Dan Lane
    Participant

There is permanent access to the best bit of the crag…check in Over The Moors and the BMC RAD for details.

It does face north, after about 5pm the sun is north of due west, if that makes sense? Meaning that it is coming onto the crag at about a 45 degree angle…

Andy Hardy

Just to make sure you can make it Dan, when does your term end?, and are you going on the Alpine meet?

Steve Bowker
    Participant

Dovestones Tor on Derwent Edge;-a great place to be on a warm summers evening, experience the jug hauling on Great Buttress or just to experience the views on the the approach walk… orleave the gear behind and have a run, fantastic Barbie potential and all within range of the Strines Inn on the way back- what’s not to like?

Dan Lane
    Participant

To be honest, Andy, I’m not intending to be in the Peak all that much over summer, but for the best chance, put it just before or just after the Alpine Meet…just before would be slightly better in terms of sunset time!

Andy Hardy

Dan, if you’re havering, Shooters Nab might not make the list!

Andy Hardy

I’ve never climbed at Dovestones Tor – I think it was on the list a couple of years back but I was working away and couldn’t make it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.