This weekend – New Members meet/Crafnant Climbing weekend

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets This weekend – New Members meet/Crafnant Climbing weekend

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Paul Justin
    Participant

Crafnant Climbing Weekend/New Members Meet/BBQ at BYN this weekend (15/16 June)

It looks like the monsoon is passing and currently the N. Wales forecast for the weekend is not too bad – sunshine and showers and valley temperatures in the mid teens. Should be a fun weekend.

There is space in the hut and some space for campervans and tents in the field next to the hut – please keep fairly close to the garden wall. If the field is really wet and cutting up, please find somewhere else to park your vehicle. If the yard is full, there is space to park down by the gate at the end of the road and just walk the couple of hundred yards to the hut. The farmer is an accommodating guy but the field is his land and we want to keep friendly with him.

There will be walking groups out and the plan is still to climb if the weather permits, either in the valley or wherever the forecast is promising. Fit mountain bikers can do the Marin Trail from the hut. Blaen Y Nant is also a special place just to hang out.

Bring your own food and drink for the evening – we will have separate BBQs for meat and vegetarian, BBQ and fuel supplied. There are also full kitchen facilities if you prefer.

If its not fit to climb on one day and people would like a walk and mountain navigation workshop (for inexperienced or rusty navigators), bring a 1:25000 map of the BYN/Crimpiau area (OL 17, Harveys Snowdonia north), a silva type compass and something with a stopwatch – ideally a wrist watch but phone is ok (if you have 3 hands). Let me know if you would like to take part but dont have or cant beg/borrow the map/compass. I have some limited spares.

Hope to see you there, please contact me or any other committee member if you have any questions.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.