TRISH’S 9 EDGE CHALLENGE – Sat 21st May 2022

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets TRISH’S 9 EDGE CHALLENGE – Sat 21st May 2022

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dan Stone
    Participant

TRISH’S 9 EDGE CHALLENGE
    Sat 21st May 2022

After a couple of false starts due to covid Julian is now able to confirm the 9 Edges Challenge in Trish’s memory. It would be lovely to see lots of you there!

Start: 08:00 = Fairholmes Car Park at Ladybower Reservoir
    Finish: 18:00 – 19:00 = Robin Hood Inn, Birchen Edge

Some words and further details from Julian below…

It’s a pretty long walk by the recognised route – approx 23 miles. I expect to start at Fairholmes car park at Ladybower reservoir reasonably early in the morning and hope to reach the end at around 6-7pm at the Robin Hood Inn at Birchen Edge.
    I’m happy for folks to join me for the whole route, to do shorter parts of it, cycle, or to climb at any of the 9 Edges along the way. Due to the complexity of a multi-activity event I am happy for everyone to choose their own approach and simply enjoy the day at their own pace and in their own chosen manner.
    Beginning around 08:00
    Derwent Edge
    Stanage Edge
    Upper Burbage Edge
    Lower Burbage Edge
    Froggatt Edge
    Curbar Edge
    Baslow Edge
    Gardom’s Edge
    Birchen Edge
    Ending approx. 18-19:00
    Some of us plan to eat at the Robin Hood Inn at the end of the day. The pub have a good capacity and only do meals indoors, so booking in advance is therefore advised. It’s likely that we will be eating in a staggered manner due to the capacity of the pub to serve food to a large number of people at the same time and due to the nature of our day’s activity. There is an additional outdoor area with seating which is available for drinks.
    I’ll send an update nearer the day with some other key ETA’s through the day. I hope this plan is flexible and will allow plenty of members to join and participate in whatever way they choose.
    Best wishes,
    Julian

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.