Western Edges Challenge 16th October

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Western Edges Challenge 16th October

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andy Hardy

Western Edges Challenge. Sunday 16th September 2016.

It seems scarcely believable but our records show that it is five years since this event was held under the hallowed ‘Foord edition’ rulebook, and so, once more, we are venturing to the western edges for this novel event which is designed to spice up a great day out on the best crags and countryside in the Peak. (Roaches area). We’ll meet in the cafe below Hen Cloud at around 10am for a 10.30am start, and probably end up in a pub for a drink and chips. Suitable for all ages!

Previously the rules have been merely complex, with occasional obfuscations designed to baffle the brightest. This year the rules have been amended, extended and improved to incorporate 2 wheeled degeneracy as well as the normal pedestrian sorts. As in previous years, favoured will be those who go for routes they have not previously done and places which they have not visited before. For a copy of the Rules prior to the day just email me. Or – I’ll try to get some copies down at The Royal on Thursday.

Whether you ‘compete’ or not; please come along for a good day’s activity with a horde of friends using walking boots, rock boots, running shoes or bikes. (Or combinations of all four!)

Andy Hardy meets@mynydd.org.uk

Andy Hardy

That should of course be 16th October!

Andy Hardy

I have added a link so you can download the rules on the meets page https://mynydd.org.uk/wordpress/meets/

Enjoy!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.