Wild Camping Meet – UPDATE

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Wild Camping Meet – UPDATE

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kirstin Prager
    Participant

WILD CAMPING MEET
    25-27 June
    Scafell

Grab your bivvy bag, join the competition to see if you have a more ridiculous offering to the lightweight-kit-gods than the Pragers’ titanium sundae spoons or just come with your rack, rock shoes and as little else as you think you’ll need to survive a couple of nights.

Scafell has climbing a gogo including, for any ticklisters, Classic, Hard and Extreme Rock routes – Jones’s Route Direct from Lord’s Rake (S), Moss Ghyll Grooves (MVS), Central Buttress (E1 5b), Ichabod (E2 5c) Saxon (E2 5b) Nazgul (E3 5c), Lord of the Rings (E2 5c) Lost Horizons (E4) and Shere Khan (E5).

There are a ton of Mods, Diffs, V Diffs and Severes too.

The plan is to camp either near the Woolworth Boulder or at Great Moss but the lovely Jack Gilbert is hoping to do a final recce for me this weekend so keep checking in for exact details of where you’re heading.

These meets don’t have a meeting time. Get there at a time that suits you or work will allow. Just make sure you can put your tent up in the dark if it’s going to be late.

Kirstin Prager
    Participant

We’re planning to pitch at Sampson Stones – bit quieter than the Woolworth Boulder we think and still with great access to the crag.
    Sampson Stones

Whilst there’s no need to tell me you’re coming, it would be great to have some idea there will be someone there so drop me a line!

Graham Halsall
    Participant

plan on
    leaving Lancaster 16.00 hr ish Friday
    will be on the ‘cricket pitch’ by the boulders walking in from Boot end of hard knot pass
    bringing 60M single rope

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.