Before joining us we suggest you climb with us a few times. Ahead of doing this, please complete the first climb form below to provide your contact details and to confirm that you can belay safely.
Types of Membership:
The membership period is 1st January to 31st December.
The club has 3 types of members – Aspirant, Full and Honorary:
Aspirant Member: After coming out with us informally a few times new members first join as an “Aspirant”. This allows you to join the club at a reduced rate for the first year only. The idea is that you attend a few (or a lot of) meets and get to know other club members before becoming a full member.
If you would like further details please email the Membership Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Member: If you decide you like us after a year, please then renew as a Full member using the form below.
All existing full members (including honorary members) should also do this by the end December of each year. For joint memberships, both members should complete the form, although of course only one should pay the joint membership fee.
If you don’t want to renew, please just let the membership secretary know.
Whichever level of membership you have, you will benefit from:
- Use of the Club Hut in Snowdonia
- Regular full colour journals three times a year to get you excited about upcoming meets/ let you know what other members of the club have been getting up to on previous meets and other climbing-related adventures
- Concessionary priced entry to Awesome Walls climbing centres
- Access to a key which permits access to the upper car park on the North Side of Ben Nevis
- £10m civic liability insurance from the BMC, and discounts in over 600 outdoor retailers and organisations affiliated with the BMC
- An amazing community of like-minded people keen to share in your adventures
Membership and Renewal Fees:
|Aspirant Member||1st Jan – 30th June||£20.00||To end of |
|1st July – 31st Aug||£10.00||To end of |
|1st Sep – 31st Dec||£25.00||To end of next|
|Full Member||Individual||£30.00||Per calendar year*|
|2 people at|
|£50.00||Per calendar year*|
* Renewals are due by 1st January. Note that overdue subscriptions invalidate the individual’s BMC insurance cover until paid.
- Internet / Electronic
bank transfer to the Club’s bank
- Sort Code: 01-05-51 Account Number: 40582787
- Paid to the Membership Secretary or another Committee member (please obtain a receipt)
For bank transfers there is no need to put your name in the reference as we see that anyway. Just put the reason for the payment (e.g. 2019 Renewal). For cash payments, please email email@example.com to say whom you have paid or plan to pay imminently.
Reclaiming Multiple BMC Club Membership Fees: If you are a member of another BMC-affiliated club and wish to claim a multiple membership refund please click here for more information.
Upgrading from BMC Club Member to BMC Individual Member: All UK-based Mynydd members (Aspirant, Full and Honorary) are automatically enrolled as Club Members of the British Mountaineering Council (BMC) and £13.25 of each member’s subscription fee is paid to the BMC for this purpose.
You can upgrade to become a full BMC Individual Member for £15.20 (normal price £29.95) by following this link.