SPRING BIKE RIDE – New Date!!

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets SPRING BIKE RIDE – New Date!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dan Stone
    Participant

I’ve been keeping an eye on the weather and this fantastic run of summery goodness seems to be coming to an end this week.
    As this coming Sunday was supposed to be our first foray out on bikes in a while I don’t want to hit a wall before we’ve even started so with that in mind I’m going to postpone it for a couple of weeks in favour of brighter climates!
    In an attempt to double down on the bet I’m going to reschedule it for Saturday 23rd April. Those keen eyed amongst you will realise this is the day before the outdoor TUPTO which will give us some extra options.
    So this will be a ride with 3 options….
    1. I’ll sort a route that anyone will be able to join in. The route will likely start around Hazel Grove / Poynton area for about 10a.m. and can be adjusted to pick people up en-route.
    We’ll head towards the peak, mainly on canals, bridal ways and quiet roads enabling most bikes to be used. We’ll stop off in Hayfield for a snack / drink which will be around the 15 mile mark. This will be a nice turn around point for those wanting to return home creating a lovely 30 mile round trip.
    2. Those wanting to push on will be able to take full advantage of a proper peak tour. You’ll be gifted another 20 odd miles that will be somewhat hillier than the first 15. We’ll aim for food and pints around Bamford or Hathersage and you’ll be able to jump on the train back to New Mills with only a few miles downhill on the A6 to get yourselves home.
    3. Those of us left will put a few more miles in as we head off in search of a bivvy spot for the night (and maybe another pub). Drink sprits, sleep under the starts and then wake up in time to smash some breakfast and ride over to meet the rest of the Mynydd crew so we can gloat about no having to find a parking spot at Stanage Popular! With a bit of logistical planning I’m sure those bivvying will be able to convince a member to bring our climbing gear up with them on Sunday!
    The route we take from Hayfield will be determined by what weapon of choice those amongst us decide to ride so we’ll need a consensus amongst those wanting to take on options 2 & 3. We can certainly do something on the road but a MTB will give us a lot more options and let us get away from the traffic.
    Remember, this is a bike ride so coffee & cake stops will heavily be involved in the planning!
    If you’re interested in attending this meet then comment below and what option you fancy so I can gauge some interest!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.