Another note received from Walter Bird – founder member

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums General Another note received from Walter Bird – founder member

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jules Lane
    Participant

A note from Walter Bird – founder member, now living in LA. If you wish to contact him his email is in the contacts list. He would love that.

He also wanted me to pass on his thanks to Rob for sending the journal and Tom for the great editing.

Hello Jules,
    Thanks for sending the February Mynydd Journal. It is so nice to see what the young people are doing.
    I wonder if you are the membership at large have any thoughts on the subject of extreme sports such as Alex Honnold’s El Capitan climb without using ropes or other safety gear?
    Hailed by some as “The greatest feat of pure rock climbing in the history of the sport.”
    I give him credit for an incredible climb and all the training that was needed to accomplish the ascent. However, one has to wonder if this might embolden some impressionable person to take unnecessary risks and thus endanger their lives?
    One of the earliest discussions when we formed to club was to always climb as safely as possible.
    Walt Bird
    PS You may publish this note if you wish.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.