Free late afternoon today – can you help…

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums General Free late afternoon today – can you help…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maria Goggin
    Participant

Steve Bowker has set off this morning accompanied by Rachel Batt but more support riders would be appreciated particularly for the last leg. He is doing a loop of the Peak on his bike and planning on stopping in Glossop to recharge for his return so on his return journey.
    I’ve said I’ll meet him there – he reckons on 3 hours to home from there (so I’m a bit concerned about doing that length of time on a bike given the state of my knee!).
    If you’re free for an hour to help that would be great. The sun is coming out later so it’ll be lovely then.
    Timings 4pm Glossop, 5.30pm Hayfield, Chinley 6.30pm.
    Text me, Rach or Steve if you want to know where things are up to.
    Maria

Richard Waltham
    Participant

I’ll be there,….. in the support van
    – Pedal spanner at the ready
    – Puncture repair kit (but I think James has already stolen my glory?)
    – Battery charger
    – etc., etc.

Nobody’s called me ‘Bicycle Repair Man’ this week but I’m hopeful of adding it to my list. ‘Mr. Troll’ is already ticked and even an unimaginable (semi-) suggestion of “Kissinger” (perhaps I misunderstood her tone?).

I assume that there be a small gathering in the Shady Oak to celebrate the success? 7:30pm-ish judging by latest progress report. Surely Steve – you’ll be buying, right?

Richard Waltham
    Participant

[Post Script]

Well, I didn’t get called ‘Bicycle Repair Man’ but the words “bloody useless” were muttered (but later withdrawn 🙂

Notes to self:

1) Have your mobile charged up in preparation for incidents of this nature – it really would have been ‘quite’ (in the American sense) useful
    2) Listen more closely when people say: “he’s in the car park in the White H….” (Whaley Bridge has a White Hart and a White Horse!)
    3) If offering Support Van services in future (especially if Steve’s involved) have a bigger van!

Good effort everybody. Surely a success as a complete cicuit of the Peak was completed even if the door-to-door finesse wasn’t quite (english version) there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.