HALLOWEEN HUT MEET & FELL RACE

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets HALLOWEEN HUT MEET & FELL RACE

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andy Hardy

Fri 27th – Sun 29th OCTOBER 2022
    DON WHILLAN’S MEMORIAL HUT
    So as some of you will remember last year we had out weekend at Don Whillan’s Memorial Hut ruined when the plumbing went down the pipes and we had our booking cancelled at the last minute. Not wanting to pass up on the experience for those that have never stepped within its walls I immediately booked it for this year and started hatching plans.
    To make things interesting we’ll be incorporating the Fell Race into the stay which will be taking place on the morning of Sunday 29th. More details will come out nearer the time with a post specific to the Fell Race but to whet your appetite Jen has been busy planning a quality route from the Hut. Likely to be around 13km with a shorter 8km option. Expect spooky check points and plenty of mud!
    The plan for the weekend will see our arrival Friday night, a days climbing on the Saturday before a communal meal or trip to the local Sat evening. Sunday will see an opportunity to take part in the Fell race, join the walkers for a loop of the same route or a chilled day at the hut climbing. I’m sure the weather may have a impact on your decision making!
    As it’ll be Halloween weekend you are highly encouraged to bring any decorations, clothes or food fitting of the occasion!
    The hut isn’t the most of spacious of buildings and as such accommodation is limited to only 12 beds. There is the opportunity to bivvy (The Mynydd have done so in January so you’ll be fine in these autumnal temperatures 😉) and there’s plenty of space for those in tin tents wanting to have a stealth camp.
    Although the beds are limited you are all still welcome to come down for the day and join us for any and all of the activities, especially the fell race!!
    There’s plenty to go at and it’ll be a great opportunity to seek out those routes a little further afield like up at the Skyline. Even if the weathers not perfect there’s plenty of good walking nearby so they’ll be something for everyone.
    As the bed numbers are so limited we’ll be operating a strictly first come (& pay James), first served basis.
    At £22.00 for two nights’ accommodation it’s a bargain for those wanting the experience. The payment is to secure a bed for the full weekend but if you’re only planning on staying the one night then feel free to share the spot with someone else but you’ll have to sort that out between yourselves as It can get messy otherwise.
    If you want a place in the hut then please comment below. I’ll also be posting this on the website forum so will try and update numbers as quickly as possible.
    If you are planning to join us but not stay in the hut then comment below saying as such. It’ll be good to try and forecast numbers.

David Kirsfelds
    Participant

Just an FYI – prices have been altered to £13 per night or £26 for the weekend. Feel free to come along, even if it’s just for the one night

Dave Liz Wilson
    Participant

Liz and I would like to come for Saturday night, if there’s room.

David Kirsfelds
    Participant

We’re booking a table for food in Ye Olde Rock Inn over on the Halloween Hut Meet chat – if you haven’t booked onto the meet yet and want to get involved then let me know as soon as possible so that I can include you in numbers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.