Lundy – spaces available

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Lundy – spaces available

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Richard Waltham
    Participant

There are currently two beds available in the Barn for the week long trip (13th-20th September) to Lundy Island. Cost is an amazing £50 (+£62 for the boat across). Please contact me on treasurer@mynydd.org.uk if you’re interested.

Jules Lane
    Participant

Quick question on food. I know the shop on the island is pretty good, but I assume it is worth bringing some basics and maybe meals for 1 or 2 nights ? What’s the recommendation here, other than beer coupons ?

Richard Waltham
    Participant

Hi Jules,

Yes, the shop is plenty good enough for most things and is about 14 seconds gentle walk from the Barn! Generally they discourage people taking food supplies in order to keep the shop viable and that seems entirely reasonable.

If you simply must have a particular brand of something a bit esoteric (Goggin’s olde-world-style matured Damson chutney maybe?) then perhaps smuggle a jar of that on board but otherwise I really wouldn’t bother.

Fresh meat and veg is in good supply each time a boat arrives (3 times a week) but does tend to run out a day or two later. They do however bake bread on the Island! Buy it when its on the shelf because it won’t be there still later. For fresh stuff generally, a bit of strategic shopping works well but resorting to the shop’s well-stocked freezers works as well. Too much advance purchasing will exceed the capacity of the Barn’s fridges!

Richard Waltham
    Participant

Only one bed left now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.