Lundy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jules Lane
    Participant

All 13 returned alive and well. Rumours of some members being wiped out by a TV sized falling block have proved exagerated.

But seriously, what an amazing week. It was my first visit and I already want to go back, NOW. Massive thanks to Richard for organising it. Everyone who didn’t claim the remaining place missed out big time.

PS Tom says if anyone finds any of his socks please return them as he now has only 3.

Richard Waltham
    Participant

And now, (in case you haven’t seen them already)…. some fantastic photos have been published on Flickr (click on ‘gallery’ above). Mark, that was you right? Brilliant!

I really love the shot of Rob and Sonja – this was at the end of the day we arrived (Saturday 13th Sept), the Devil’s Slide area had been soundly ticked (at least 7 routes that I can think of) – their smiles speak for themselves. And, those smiles didn’t stop until several days after our return to the real world.

In between times, we’d completed over 200 ascents of more than 70 different routes. Literally every grade between Diff and E5 (without exception), more stars than I can count, all of the letterboxes (even the bunny) and some seriously large bar tabs in the Marisco!

Unfortunately, I missed the deadline for the Autumn Journal for the full write-up but be sure that some ridiculously long article will appear (or be submitted at least) in Feb-15’s edition possibly incorporating the Meet’s full data-cube with UKC-style averages available of everything, EVERYTHING.

And the meaning of life, the universe, EVERYTHING exactly? “42”, of course! Which just happened to be the average age of those who attended. But despite some serious good tallies no one person got that number of routes under their belt (or E-points, or even letterboxes despite some double-counting!) but the number of pints of ‘Old Light’ consumed? Hmmmm!

Terrific.

P.S. Why, on the gallery page, do I get the caption for a photo whilst I hover over it but if I click through to flickr itself it goes AWOL?

Richard Waltham
    Participant

And some more…..

Tom (aka “Newbie”) has written up his thoughts from the week in his blog (http://www.tomlivingstone.co.uk/Tom_Livingstone/Blog/Entries/2014/9/23_Lundy.html). He writes nicely, but climbs a bit harder than most of us! Nonetheless, some of his stress-coping techniques will sound familiar to all of us.
    Remember Tom, you are a member now, so do join us again in the future. Sure, you have some idiosyncrasies (using boxer shorts as a food fly-net probably wins on that score!) but you’ll be very welcome.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.