Torridon skiing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Torridon – is anyone going on Mark’s trip and hoping to ski? I’m not finding a huge amount of info on ski touring/back country skiing in the NW and don’t have the maps to hand to scope options. Anyone have any useful experience, suggestions, links, intention to explore….?

Maria Goggin
    Participant

Seriously. Skiingg? With your knee????
    Just how good do you think knee braces are?

Anonymous
    Inactive

This good, apparently:

… although I’m still waiting for the ones I’ve been promised to arrive in Europe (he’s one of their sponsored athletes – I was at pains to point out I was NOT going to be providing compatible marketing material!).

Colin Nave
    Participant

Seth
    Well, this might seem to be encouraging you.

Achnasheen is only about 20 miles away with Fionn Bheinn a fairly easy peak.
    A few miles further in Glen Carron there are Moruisg and Sgurr nan Ceannaichean.
    After that it might be best to drive to Garve with plenty north and south of the road to Ulapool or of course Ben Wyvis.
    All this in Ski Mountaineering in Scotland (out of print)
    I don’t think there is a lot of obvious ski touring around Torridon itself and mountains on the Western seaboard are less likely to hold snow low down anyway.
    We will be taking our skis having practiced for downhill stuff for 2 weeks in Jan/Feb.

Colin

Colin Nave
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.