New winter Lecture series

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets New winter Lecture series

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve Bowker
    Participant

The new winter lecture series will kick off on Thursday 1st October; 8.30 at the Royal with Andi Turner presenting on ‘Staffordshire Grit’- The nights might be drawing in, but brace yourselves for some hot action on the first Thursday of every month at the Royal throughout the winter.

Rachael Spraggs
    Participant

Steve, do you need any more speakers? Was thinking I may be able to persuade Andy Houseman to come and talk about Denali (http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4949) or his recent trip to climb Link Sar (http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69872)
    Email me with some options for dates if you want me to ask him.
    Rach

Steve Bowker
    Participant

Coming soon;-The next evening lecture at the Royal will take place on Thursday 5th November-with Andy Houseman; watch this space for details.
    Please come along and support this event to help the club get value for its continuing generous investment in these winter indoor entertainments
    – you might even get inspired!
    Steve

Steve Bowker
    Participant

Thursday 5th November lecture
    Andy Houseman will be presenting on ‘Alpine Climbing in the Greater Ranges;’8.45pm start at the Royal. .Please come along and support this event.
    Steve

Paul Justin
    Participant

Reminder – this Thursday (5th November) at the Royal: Andy Houseman

Andy is one of the U.K.’s top Alpinists with a list of fast, lightweight ascents of big and hard routes in Peru, Alaska, Nepal as well the Alps. In 2010, along with Nick Bullock, he was nominated for the Piolet D’Or for their first ascent of the North Face of Chang Himal in Nepal. Other major climbs include the first British ascent (also with Nick Bullock) of the Slovak direct on the south face of Denali and winter ascents of the Eiger, Matterhorn and Jorasse north faces. All this whilst also working for the family haulage business in Yorkshire.

It should be a highly entertaining and inspiring evening – don’t miss it !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.