Tuesday Evenings: Winter Walling

Welcome to the Mynydd Climbing Club Forums Meets Tuesday Evenings: Winter Walling

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Waltham
    Participant

Last week’s ‘Full Moon Tuesday’ was reportedly a great success. Head-torches were scarcely necessary and a fine walk around Kinder’s rim enjoyed by all (9?).

So this week its definitely time for official Meets back at a Wall.

Having volunteered to produce this list a while back its been tricky to incorporate all comments from last year. Some are happy to overdose on the same wall every week and others aren’t. Some would be happy to travel further to walls which haven’t been visited for some years whilst others have jobs(!). Those that are on the East side feel a bit left out and those on the West side have seemed a little reluctant to travel East.

So, here’s a proposal. Let’s run with it for the first month and see how it goes….

Next week, we’ll all go to our ‘Home’ wall. The one we normally frequent if it were our own choice. It isn’t the same wall for everybody but whether its Awesome Stockport or The Foundry (Sheffield) you’ll hopefully bump into some other members but crucially not have to drive too far. Please Let us know here where you went and who (how many others) you met.

The week after, its ‘Away’. One of those more distant walls which have been neglected in recent years – there’s been at least one suggestion for Kendal! But, for 18th November I’m going to put Warrington in the Calendar. We need nominations for other ‘Away’ venues. For those that really don’t like the idea of ‘Away’ then go ‘Home’ again!

The Final week in November will be ‘Local’. Somewhere that’s not the ‘home’ wall but not far away either. So for the West-siders it’ll be Manchester on 25th but Marple, Macclesfield and even Glossop might feature in future months. For East-siders, then there’s still plenty of Sheffield walls to choose from. Let us know which you’d like to have on your ‘Local’ list.

Over-engineered. Well, what did you expect from me? Really?

[The first Tuesday of every month throughout the Winter will be Full Moon Tuesday – December and February are already booked but volunteers for 06-Jan-15 and 03-Mar-15 please step forward…..]

Andy Hardy

Assuming I* can work out how to edit the calendar and there aren’t howls of protest on this forum I’ll be carrying on Richard’s scheme from December. To make life simple for everyone I* will post up 2 events for each Tuesday, 1 for East and 1 for West. On full moon Tuesdays there’ll only be one game in (or, more accurately, out of) town.

Hope that’s clear!

* obviously I reserve the right to substitute a more gifted computer technician if necessary

Jules Lane
    Participant

I’m liking the home / away walls plan guys. Bit of variety is good although most places are somewhat dispiriting after the generally friendly (ok, soft) grading at Awesome. J

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.